The importance of conducting BioBlitzs is to identify and record as many species as possible in specific locations.
This not only helps “blitzers” understand eco-systems and habitats it also helps to organize people to benefit science.
These “blitzes” also help biologist and ecologist become aware of species that may be declining in numbers, become extinct, or potentially discover new species!
PLANTS | INSECTS | BIRDS | FLOWERS
Florida Nature Trackers: http://floridanaturetrackers.com/
Grab your camera (any camera or phone camera) and let’s get to know nature on a photographic exploration. Join us Saturday March 10 for a day of surveying and cataloging nature and wildlife around Chinsegut WEA
PhotoBlitz Intro @ 8am (30 minutes)
- · What is PhotoBlitz
- · What is iNaturalist and why we need it
- · What to photograph and how to take photos for this project
PhotoBlitz Teams @ 8:30 am – 11:30am (3 hours)
- · Team Groups
- · Team Projects
- · Team Locations
PhotoBlitz Meet-up @ 11:30 – 12pm (30 minutes)
- · Snacks and Drinks
- · Questions and Answers
PhotoBlitz ID @ 1pm – 3pm (2 hours)
- · Tutorials
- · Photo reviews
Uploading to https://www.inaturalist.org/projects/florida-wma-chinsegut-wildlife-and-environmental-area
What to bring: including your backpack
- · Camera, bottled water, bagged lunch (cooler), bug spray, sunscreen and any necessities you will need
- · Wood ruler and/or a dime and quarter
- · Pen and Small notepad
What to wear
- · Experienced hikers only: long pants and hiking boots, t-shirt you don’t mind getting dirty! We will be exploring areas off trail
- · Beginners and kids: long pants and sneakers, t-shirt, hat
- · Have extra memory cards
- · Battery charged.. cell phone and camera batteries.