Chinsegut PhotoBlitzSaturday, March 10, 2018 from 8:00 AM to 3:00 PM (EST) More Information →
Chinsegut Photo BioBlitz
The importance of conducting BioBlitzs is to identify and record as much of nature and wildlife species in specific locations. This not only help us understand about our eco-systems and habitats it also helps educate us and brings us closer to nature for a common purpose.
These “blitzes” also help biologist and ecologist become aware of limited or species that may become extinct as well as a possibility to discover new species!
Grab your camera (any camera or phone camera) and let’s get to know nature on a photographic exploration. Join us Saturday March 10 for a day of surveying and cataloging nature and wildlife around Chinsegut WEA
PhotoBlitz Intro @ 8am (30 minutes)
- · What is PhotoBlitz
- · What is iNaturalist and why we need it
- · What to photograph and how to take photos for this project
PhotoBlitz Teams @ 8:30 am - 11:30am (3 hours)
PhotoBlitz Meet-up @ 11:30 - 12pm (30 minutes)
PhotoBlitz ID @ 1pm - 3pm (2 hours)
Uploading to https://www.inaturalist.org/projects/florida-wma-chinsegut-wildlife-and-environmental-area
What to bring: including your backpack
- · Camera, bottled water, bagged lunch (cooler), bug spray, sunscreen and any necessities you will need
- · Wood ruler and/or a dime and quarter
- · Pen and Small notepad
What to wear
- · Experienced hikers only: long pants and hiking boots, t-shirt you don’t mind getting dirty! We will be exploring areas off trail
- · Beginners and kids: long pants and sneakers, t-shirt, hat
- · Have extra memory cards
- · Battery charged.. cell phone and camera batteries.
From plants to the smallest of critters this PhotoBlitz is a fun and educational way to learn about the species we share on this great planet.
This is a great project for kids ages 8 and up and teenagers who are interested in learning more about our eco-systems, biology, habitats and conservation.