hneInfo | Rules | Disclaimer
Leave No Trace | Respect Nature
R • A• W | Real Amazing Wildlife Photography Series helps nature photographers be a part of something greater. We will not only learn about photography but the environment that surrounds us. Capturing an image of a dragonfly’s wings glistening in sunlight is a reward in itself, but understanding the behavior and life cycle of the dragonfly brings the photographer a deeper connection to the subject and nature itself. When you develop an understanding of subjects in nature it allows you to hone your photography and know when you have truly captured something amazing, maybe a behavior, life stage or even species that is rarely seen.
R • A• W | Real Amazing Wildlife Photography Series
R • A• W | Real Amazing Wildlife Photography Series was created for photographers who enjoy hiking, visiting new areas, creating new friendships but also learn about these habitats and wildlife as well as photographic techniques.
Where to Stay
A good Central location is the State Road 50 exit from I-75 (exit 301).
- Hampton Inn 30301 Cortez Blvd, Brooksville, FL 34602 Phone: (352) 796-1000
- Quality Inn 30301 Cortez Blvd, Brooksville, FL 34602 Phone: (352) 796-1000
- Microtel Inn and Suites 6298 Nature Coast Blvd, Brooksville, FL 34602 Phone: (352) 796-9025
- Holiday Inn Express 30455 Cortez Boulevard, Brooksville, FL 34602 Phone: (352) 796-0455
Days Inn 6320 Windmere Road, Brooksville, FL 34602 352-796-9486
The Dolan House Bed & Breakfast, 701 Museum Court, Brooksville 34601 352-631-8822 http://www.dolan-house.com
Chinsegut Hill Retreat Cottages, 22495 Chinsegut Hill Road, Brooksville 34601 352-799-5400 www.chinseguthillretreat.com
Our Photography Hikes
Hikes are geared toward more photography, less walking. Most hikes are less than 2 miles in length with several scenic stops selected along the route. Some areas have rugged terrain. Please be mindful of how much gear you choose to bring along. If locations are suitable for tripod use you will be notified at registration.
Bring on Hike
- Camera, Tripod or Monopod (optional), assorted lenses (optional)
- Walking Stick (optional)
- Water, Snacks, Bug Spray, Sunscreen, Travel First Aid, and any other necessities you may need (in your backpack)
- If you have allergies to plants or wildlife please plan accordingly with Rx supplies.
- Comfortable clothing
- Sturdy Shoes (no open-toed shoes)
- Able to hike (walk) on unbalanced terrain
- Able to hike at least 2 miles
- Able to be out in seasonal weather for a maximum of 4 hours
- Have your camera battery charged
- Cell phone charged
- Extra memory cards
- Stay on the trails and do not wander off while on workshop time
- Be patient and respectful (whispering is awesome)
- The plants and animals in all locations are protected. It is unlawful to collect or remove any items other than trash.
- Do not provoke wildlife
At times and when availability is open, we will have special guests attending our photography hikes. These guests are experienced and educated in wildlife, botany, environmental and/or conservational areas. Guest will be announced on the registration page.
At this time of year there are more active insects like ticks, mosquitos, spiders, spider webs and horseflies as well as other critters… Please be careful of your surroundings and where you step. Poison Ivy is not uncommon in natural areas. You are out in nature, you are entering at your own risk.
Register thru Eventbrite by clicking on the registration button. Payment must be made prior to photography hike date. Refunds are not issued at this time. If you cannot make that registered date, your paid registration can be applied to another date. Please email Alice@Green-FlyMedia.com for any questions or cancellation.
Participants must be 16 years or older.
By registering you agree that you have read this information and hold Alice Mary Herden | Green-Fly Media LLC and/or associates, volunteers, sponsors and/or guests invited by Alice Mary Herden | Green-Fly Media LLC harmless and not liable and/or legally responsible for any property that is stolen or damage and/or personal to any items and/or equipment you own/rented and/or borrowed. You also hold Alice Mary Herden | Green-Fly Media LLC and/or associates, volunteers and/or sponsors and/or guests invited by Alice Mary Herden | Green-Fly Media LLC harmless and not liable and/or legally responsible for any personal and/or bodily harm/injury you may occur while participating in outdoor activities. You are agreeing that you are participating of free will and are aware of the risk of these locations. You are aware that you are entering these locations at your own risk and have read this disclaimer.
R • A• W | Real Amazing Wildlife Photography Series is provided by Alice Mary Herden | Green-Fly Media. Photos taken during the hikes may be used for our website, promotional marketing and/or magazine.
This information may be updated without notice